We are SD Regional Center vendors and offer FREE speech therapy, occupational therapy, and physical therapy services for those children that qualify! Our physical therapy team is also in-network with nearly all insurance companies!
Occupational Therapy is a profession concerned with promoting health and well-being through occupation. A child’s “occupation” is to learn, grow, develop, and to play! Therapeutic activities may include physical play such as jumping, climbing and fine motor tasks such as buttoning, getting dressed, feeding themselves, and writing. Some children have difficulty meeting their age appropriate developmental skills, and may need some help to achieve these skills that propel them into adulthood.
At SDCST’s multidisciplinary center, we have occupational therapists that help children develop necessary skills so that their transition into adulthood becomes a path to an independent and rewarding life. Our pediatric occupational therapists provide evaluation, intervention and consultation in the following areas:
- Fine Motor/Handwriting Skill Development
- Play and Socialization
- Sensory Integration, Sensory Diets, and home programs
- Feeding and Oral Motor Needs, Picky Feeders and food avoidance
- Self Help & Hygiene
- Environmental Adaptations for Home and School Settings
- Assessment and Treatment including Interactive Metronome, Therapeutic Listening, and The Listening Program.
- Visual motor and visual perceptual skills
- Strength and Endurance