Adult Speech Therapy
Speech Therapy involves the evaluation and treatment for a variety of communication challenges including:
- Speech Articulation difficulties including speech sound impairments, apraxia, motor planning and neurological impairments, speech clarity challenges, and general speaking skills
- Receptive and Expressive Language issues including learning disabilities, dyslexia, auditory processing challenges, aphasia, post-stroke, TBI, and other neurological issues.
- Accent Modification therapy
- Voice Issues including hoarse voice, vocal fold nodules, and other voice issues
- Stuttering and Speech Fluency
- Social/pragmatics including therapy for autism, Asperger’s Syndrome, TBI, and other social skills challenges
- Cognitive Impairments including help with organization and memory challenges
Has your dentist or orthodontist suspected that you have a tongue thrust or myofunctional disorder? Have you had orthodontics that have not worked or have your teeth relapsed? Does your tongue rest low and/or forward in your mouth? Do you clench or grind your teeth or have facial pain due bruxism or TMJ dysfunction? Do you snore or have sleep apnea? Do you choke on foods or drinks? All of these are signs of a myofunctional disorder. Please view our myofunctional therapy page for more information.